Slow Stitching Sunday


 I have started stitching another mandala.  I wonder if everyone is getting tired of my mandalas.  I can't say that I am tired of them.  I used to lose interest in things quickly and would move on to the next idea but mandalas have really stuck with me.  Am I just being lazy?  Not coming up with something else.  No matter as they make me happy and peaceful.  This one is painted silk.  I wasn't totally happy with the way it turned out and it has languished.  I decided to cut off the part that wasn't working and put the main shape into a hoop.  I have outlined the shape with the stem stitch and silk thread.  Silk thread on silk fabric is absolutely divine!

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Such a pretty aqua colour in your mandala. Enjoy your stitching today.
Quilter Kathy said…
You are definitely NOT lazy! You are "working in a series" which is a very time honoured tradition in creative circles. Your creativity is leading you to the next mandala variation, and you will know when you are "done" and ready to move on to another theme. This one has lots of potential for stitching!
Karrin Hurd said…
Your mandala is beautiful! I never get tired of seeing what you are working on! Happy stitching!
I love that! Your darker thread stitching around the design is going to frame it nicely. Every week I look forward to seeing what you're working on!
Queeniepatch said…
First of all, you have always had several projects going so you DO get variation. Secondly, you always shelve a project when you get stuck and then take it up again when en idea has matured in your mind, so you DO work things in stages. Thirdly, you ENJOY making mandalas. A fourth reason is that the whole point with a mandala is meditation. No wonder you can not, and should not stop.
Keep up the good work!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday