Work in Progress Wednesday


 I made a bit of progress on this mandala.  I added some butterfly beads.  Again, this is rather a bold mandala thus far.  I will consider how to add some smaller details.  I am okay with waiting for the next step to reveal itself to me.  Rushing a mandala is not a good idea.  I have a number of them placed close to my desk so that I can just stare at them.  The next step is always revealed eventually.

While talking with a friend yesterday she was encouraging me to considering selling my mandalas.  Right now I am mostly thinking about having them ready for my solo show in December.  I have to admit that I have never been keen to sell my stitched work or give it as gifts.  I put a lot of time and energy into my work.  Am I being selfish?  Or just practical?  I would have to charge a fair amount of money to make it feel worth my while.  I am not sure that someone would pay that much.  Maybe that is more a lack of confidence.

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
Well, you can always give it a try. Pick out a few mandalas and sell them. Is it possible to do so at the show? Another way of making money out of your art is making and selling postcards. Do you know Salley Mavor and her felt craft? She keeps the originals but makes posters and cards for sale.
Check it here: https://weefolkstudio.com

I think the added butterfly buttons are a great addition.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday