I Like

 Lee Anna has prompted us to discuss crafts that we like.  The first one that came to mind was crochet.  I learned to crochet maybe around the age of ten.  I still crochet on and off.  My shawl project has been going on for far too long.  I only work on it during the winter.  It languishes the rest of the year.  It is a free-form piece and I make it up as I go along.  Of course, I do.  It looks rather odd to me and I am not sure how to pull it all together so it may languish some more.

I feel like I have done all the crafts over my lifetime but that's not true.  I never got into stained glass even though I love the look of it.  I have done card making, scrapbooking, calligraphy, stamping and more.  I do love them all and use the things I have learned from often.  One idea will cross pollinate with another and interesting things to start to happen.


Comments

Queeniepatch said…
We might all have a favourite hobby craft, but it is a good idea to try out a few others as we will always learn something.
I have never been good at knitting but made several crocheted garments. Now, though I find the muscles in my hand get tired so fast if I crochet so I have almost given it up.
Good luck with the shawl. If this winter turns out to be very cold (energy crises, high cost etc) then maybe you will need the shawl to keep warm.
PaintedThread said…
One of these days I'd like to try stained glass. So many crafty things to do!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday