Slow Stitching Sunday


 It was a beautiful week here in Southern Ontario.  I made the most of it and enjoyed some stitching time on my deck.  Who knows how many more times I will get to do that this year.  I am adding this mandala to the finished pile.  Well, finished the fun part.  There are now 7 in the stack that still requires the finishing off of the back.  It isn't hard to do but it isn't fun so I do it assembly line style.  I was curious as to how many I had that were totally finished.  57!  57 mandalas totally ready for my show is amazing to me.   I have two that I am still working on and are close to finishing.  57+7+2=66

Originally I thought I would have 50 for the show.  The ideas have kept on coming and I feel confident the space will be full of colour.  Not only will there be 66 of my stitched mandalas but an installation of 400 of my paper mandalas.  I am also working on two collaborations with hopes of a third.  The collaborations have people painting spots on lengths of fabric.  I will embroider one of the spots into a mandala.  So far the participants are having fun with the painting part.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/


Comments

That is such a pretty one, Angela! I love the combination of thread colors and sparkly beads. Is your show coming up soon?
Linda said…
My part of Ontario is getting rain this morning, so no stitching outside for me. I was just thinking how much longer I will be enjoying the gazebo this year. I even got out a crochet afghan I started last winter as the evenings are getting cooler.
Karrin Hurd said…
57 mandalas is amazing, and all amazingly beautiful!
CathieJ said…
I look forward to seeing photos of your mandala installation. You have been very, very productive!
So many ideas! Fun to try out different ways of making each mandala
Queeniepatch said…
Congratulations on achieving such a grand pile of mandalas. It is truly impressive.

This particular mandala is very beautiful with all the echos - Y- and V-stitches are echoed in the buttons, and the colours of the fabric in the centre are reflected in the stitches.

If I were there, I'd love to add a dot to your length of fabric!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday