I Like

I am joining LeeAnna and the gang again for an I like Thursday post.  This week the prompt is 


what is your favorite Halloween candy? Did you have different favorites
as a kid than now? What was your favorite one to see put in your trick
or treat bag??? Let's remember how fun it was to get candy...

It was fun to get candy as a kid.  It was such a big treat.  I also remember when my kids were young we would go to Walmart the day after Halloween.  We would buy up all their favourites at half price.  So much sugar!  One of my sons would have all his candy gone in a few days.  Another son would have it for a couple of weeks.  And for another son, we would end up throwing out some of his candy probably after Christmas.  Interesting how different they are/were.



I rarely eat candy anymore after watching a documentary about sugar.  It is SO bad for you and that takes all the joy out of eating candy.  Well, I do cave when it comes to a milk chocolate and mint bar made by a local confectioner.  I savour each little bit and it annoys my husband completely that I am so disciplined with it.  I divide it into four pieces and only eat one piece per day.  If you are ever in Stratford, Ontario do stop at Barr's for a treat.

Comments

LA Paylor said…
well, I will stop there.... but not stop at a tiny bite I'm afraid! LeeAnna
Queeniepatch said…
I have never celebrated Halloween so have no memories of HALLOWEEN sweets. However, in childhood I got bags of treats when leaving friends' birthday parties, at Christmas and of course, I got an Easter egg. So I DO have memories!
I am also eating less now that I am an adult and have learnt to know the negative aspects of sugar, but I do enjoy a treat from time to time.
You are very disciplined!
I do try to limit sugar, but it's so hard to stay away from chocolate! Yours definitely looks yummy!
Hi Angela, My two girls were the same, very different about the sweets. These days neither has a sweet tooth like me.But I do like milk chocolate and marshmallow anything. I'm careful with sugar too.
Chocolate is so hard to give up! I gave up sugar for awhile but haven't been as strict lately. I've got to get back to that. I try to avoid sugar and flour.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday