Mandala Monday


My mixed media/collage mandalas aren't quite as intricate as my drawn and painted mandalas.  Still, they are a pleasure to create.  I find my inner critic is saying no one is going to be impressed with them.  That is a recurring theme of my inner critic.  I like to think that the opinion of others doesn't really matter to me.  But to be truthful sometimes it does.  Who doesn't love to get a compliment once in a while?  

This mandala started with a kirigami paper cut for the main motif.  I used paint and glitter for the background.  I added metallic ink and faux gems.  I am not sure what other details to add at this point.  Maybe it is finished as it is.


Comments

Queeniepatch said…
What is finished to you is not completed to another. Some people like over-decorative things, while others prefer a planer look. You like purple and aqua, Ms X likes neutrals, brown and taupe.
Angela, like what YOU like, and let others have a different view. It doesn't mean that they are RIGHT and you are WRONG. People are simply different.
NEVER lose faith in yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday