I Like



Thank you LeeAnna for these questions for our I Like post.  


Tradition! Do you have a favorite tradition in your family.... special
dinner, open gifts before the 25th, special ornaments, songs, tours of
neighborhoods with light shows, skating in DC at the sculpture garden,
going out into a tree farm and cutting your own tree, opening one gift
on eve or all of them? Going to midnight services? Visiting friends the

day after or making cinnamon buns for Christmas morning...

Big yes to a lot of Christmas traditions.  That is a bit different for me as I am not big on tradition typically.  We have gone to a tree farm to cut down our own tree for many years.  Last year was the last time.  The farms around here no longer have long-needled pines and the cost has skyrocketed.  It no longer makes sense to spend a lot of money and not get what we really want.  This year we bought our tree from the Boy Scouts and I am happy with it.

Our sons and their families come over to help us decorate the tree.  We put out a spread of yummy nibbly foods so we can eat while we decorate.  It is fun and relaxed.  It is my favourite tradition as it is just us, no extended family.  Our tree is full of homemade ornaments that bring back fond memories.  Usually, there is time for us to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. 

We also have a tradition to open one present on Christmas Eve.  It is usually pjs but some years I have other ideas.  One year it is was animal onesies.   Another year it was funny slippers.  Last year it was nerf guns.  

May we all have a joy-filled Christmas!




Comments

I love the homemade ornaments on our tree, too. Having your sons and families over to help decorate the tree is a lovely tradition. Merry Christmas, Angela!
LA Paylor said…
you make life fun! These traditions are fun and comforting. I love ornaments and bringing them out each year, oohing and aaahing over them. I can sit and watch the tree happily. Lucky you to have family to share these times with and gosh what fun the pre gifts are!
LeeAnna
Home Sewn By Us said…
Hi Angela! Merry merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope you get to enjoy time with them. Stay warm and safe. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
Queeniepatch said…
We celebrate Swedish Christmas in Japan, so are very different from those who follow an English or American tradition. Another transition is that Christmas is short, we remove all decorations on Boxing Day to prepare for the New Year instead.

I have never cut a Christmas tree myself but know people in the Swedish countryside who do.

ALL THE BEST for a jolly holiday!
PaintedThread said…
Your traditions sound good to me! We used to open one present each on Christmas eve, then had to wait for the next morning to open the rest. The nerf guns must have been a hit!
Angie said…
Angela - I linked to I Like Thursday this week, but I forgot to tell LeeAnna; do come visit if you have time. Our tree is also decorated with many hand-made ornaments! And I never tire of watching A Charlie Brown Christmas! Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday