Slow Stitching Sunday


 I found myself wanting a simple project to stitch this week.  I am not ready to start another mandala just now so I went to my box of experiments.  I hit upon this print I created years ago.  It is nothing special but it is about the right size to be a journal cover.  I have added the seed stitch with a green thread that has a bit of sparkle.  I will continue adding that to the upper portion.  This certainly is a slow process and I am really enjoying it.  Even though not a great piece of art, I think it will be an interesting journal cover.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Quilter Kathy said…
It has a lot of movement - like a dancing tree! So pretty!
That is a fun design to add some stitching to - I bet everyone sees a little something different when they look at it. I've been wanting to make a journal cover, too!
LA Paylor said…
I love seed stitch but always feel awkward doing it, like I can't make it random enough. I love yours and how it adds so much to the art
LeeAnna
Karrin Hurd said…
This will be a great journal cover! Great work!
Kim said…
Another imaginative creation in the works. I love how those beads are swirling round and round into a fabulous pattern.
CathieJ said…
I look forward to seeing how you embellish this. Not everything needs to be a great piece of art to be beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday