Art Journal


 This journal spread was in response to a line in a poem I had read.  'Whenever the trees are crying aloud'  This was a mixed media playground.  I used a hand-cut stencil, mask, texture medium, watercolour paint, acrylic paint and a touch of glitter.  

I love reading poetry and finding just one line that stands out to me.  I have purchased old poetry books just so I could cut them up for those lines.  Or the whole poem, I have done that too.  Art journals are all about the play but having a deeper meaning is a goal of mine.

I am linking to

https://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com/  Where next month I will be a guest designer!


Comments

Queeniepatch said…
You have always been very good at incorporating poetry into your artwork. I am sure trees do cry from time to time.
Andree said…
An amazing journal spread incorporating some great techniques and lovely colours.
Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday