Work in Progress Wednesday




 I haven't posted about my highly textural mixed media and stitch book for a while.  These pictures are the front, middle and back of one page.  They could use some more work but they are getting closer to what I want.  I used some gorgeous linen sample fabrics for my pages as the colours were just right.  I am now a bit regretting using so much mixed media on them.  The mediums have made the pages a bit stiff which I don't mind for a book.  However, the linen no longer has the lovely drape and probably would have been better used in a project where I want that drape.  

I have been watching some Ariane Zurcher videos on Youtube and she uses linen masterfully.  I believe I have a large piece of linen in my stash somewhere that was gifted to me.  If I recall correctly is not a colour that I would normally use.  Since I have been doing some snow dyeing it would make sense to dye some of that linen so that it is more useful to me.  

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
Looking good, but it might be hard (stiff) and hard (difficult) to work on. You are right, though, the stiffness would be good for a book cover.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday