I Like


 For March 2 2023

what do you like about your creative/sewing space ? Do you have a dedicated space that is yours alone? What works in there for you? How do you feel when you're there.


I do have a creative space all to myself.  It is my favourite room in the house.  I probably spend most of my time there.  It has a lot of windows so lots of natural light.  It has a lot of shelves and storage space so even though I am kind of messy I do like to be organized.  

Last year we took the carpet out of my art space.  SO GLAD!  Our house is over 100 years old so the hardwood floor under the carpet isn't in great shape.  But it is so much better than the nasty carpet.  Since I had the room torn apart I did some rearranging and like the set-up I have.  Is it my dream studio?  No, but I am so grateful to have the space.  

I have been playing with fractals again.  I get really get lost in the making.  I am pondering printing one of these onto fabric and adding some stitches.  This one already looks like a mandala.

Thanks LeeAnna for the great questions.  

Comments

That mandala is beautiful! It seems we're lucky to have any sewing space to ourselves. I like that I can be in my room and no one bothers me! It took years for me to get this room but it was worth the wait!
PaintedThread said…
I love wood floors so much more than carpet! Lots of natural light is a must! (That's the only thing I don't like about my sewing room - it faces north.)
Queeniepatch said…
You are lucky to have your own, dedicated space for artwork. My projects and various stashes live in boxes. While I am working I might pull out lots of things, and then I have to put everything back after I have finished. That's life when your space has to be used for many various things.
LA Paylor said…
how large is your space? is it a bedroom like mine was? I want to have a solid flooring but doubt we'll be here that much longer.
do you have your computer for these fractals in the studio or like me, taking up real estate in the kitchen, lol
LeeAnna

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday