Slow Stitching Sunday


 I started stitching on this piece of silk this week.  The silk is a pole-wrapped dyeing fail I did years ago.  It failed because the dye did not seep through to some parts.   I still found the fabric interesting and have kept it all these years.  While looking through my stash I came across it and thought I wanted to use it.

Working with all those crinkles and folds is challenging.  Things are going slowly as I try to figure out each step.  Slow isn't a problem.  This is a new way of stitching for me so it will take some time to figure it out.  I am happy to give my imagination a workout!

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Of course, I have to mention my newly start Indiegogo campaign.  Please consider helping me get the word out.  It really won't take much to make this a successful campaign!

  https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mandala-meditation-circuit/x/32544999#/



Comments

Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful piece of fabric to work with. Can't wait to see what you do!
Kim said…
I am fascinated to see what you will do with the dyed silk. Such a fascinating piece to work your magic on.
CathieJ said…
I like the colors in that fabric. I look forward to seeing all of your additions.
Queeniepatch said…
Such fantastic movements in the 'failed' dye. Take your time and let the creative juices flow or trickle as they like.
That looks like a pretty piece of silk! Maybe the crinkles and creases will become part of the design.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday