Recycle Journal




 The top photo is the cover of this journal.  It is created from a box that a book was shipped to me in.  This whole journal is created from recyclable elements.  I have used old calendar pages, old artwork, book pages, scraps of fabric etc.  

For the cover, I applied quotes from a page-a-day type calendar.  I added a stencilled motif, ink and paint.  It still isn't right though.  I am definitely struggling with it.  I will try to make it better.  I don't think I can make it worse at this point!

I am much happier with the journal pages inside.  They are just fun explorations with mixed media and colour.  

I am linking to

https://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com/

and

https://art-journal-journey.blogspot.com/2023/04/recycle-reuse-repurpose.html?sc=1680447591141#c3886550480421496344

Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Fabulous work, Angela, love the recycling and the gorgeous colours. Thanks so much for linking to Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ! Hugs, Valerie
What a fabulous recycle journal. A perfect example of a wonderful mixed media journal. The fact everything in it is recycled, makes it even more special. I love the cover, even if you are not satisfied with it. I like how you used recycled pages and words. I like how the pages weren't all the same size. This is an amazing entry and is absolutely perfect for Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journal. It's really lovely to "meet" you Angela.

HilaryJane said…
What a special project. You have put me to shame with your level of recycling. Thank you for your visit to me today xx
Aimeslee Winans said…
Hi Angela. I had so much fun looking at your pretty cover and inside pages, very artsy. Hope you get the cover like you want it. I only know to leave things be until "the" solution comes to me. Consequently, I'm slow as molasses, lol. XOX, Aimeslee
I love how you used the old calendar pages in your recycled journal. And the box a book arrived in. This looks like a beauty of a journal, and I like how you're filling it in too. Exploring is fun, isn't it, and I hope you figure out your cover too. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ for Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's challenge. hugs-Erika
Amazing way to use up elements of recycling it's a sure favourite of mine to do just so. A lovely tour of how you have created with various mediums within it, makes a magnificent Junk Journal. So happy you shared with us @ Creative Artiste.
Best wishes in our Mixed Media Challenge Tracey (DT)

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday