Slow Stitching Sunday


 I made progress on my radical botanical piece.  I have been recycling for this one.  On the left, you can see some purple plastic lids.  I was inspired by Jessica Grady to do more with recycling.  I think they make interesting flowers.  Next to those 'flowers' are some flowers I created with the netting from a bag fruit came in.  In the centre, there are some flowers that were made using crinkled paper strips.  I forget where they came from, packaging of some sort I think.  

The main flowers are in and now I think I will just embroider some smaller ones to fill in the gaps.  It is a rainy day here so it seems like a lovely way to spend my afternoon.  It worked best for the family to all come for my hubby's fantastic barbecued hamburgers yesterday for dinner.  So it will be a quiet day of stitching for me.  

It is quite possible that I will finish this piece today.  The challenge isn't due until June 15 but I like having things done early.  Plus, in two weeks we will be in Italy and Switzerland for two weeks.  Having it done before we leave would definitely feel good to me. 

I am linking to

Comments

CathieJ said…
I love that you are using recycled items to make those pretty flowers. I love this piece.
Queeniepatch said…
Beautiful blossoming weeds are sprouting from the recycle bin!
Sarah said…
I hope you enjoy your day of stitching!
Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful piece, I love the recycling concept. Have a great vacation, sounds like a lot of fun!
Linda said…
This is turning out wonderful. A rainy day here too - stitching, reading and visiting websites
That's an amazing piece, Angela! I would never thought to use items like that to create flowers - so creative!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday