LeeAnna has asked 

Do you send Christmas cards? or holiday cards?

Do you send a few or a lot of cards? Are they unique like a photo from
this year, or say, hallmark boxed ones (I do the boxed ones but love  a
photo card) Do you include newsletter and when will you aim to send them
out? Do you get cards? how do you display them?

extra credit: do you do craft projects with your old cards like some
people? When do you pack/toss them after the season?

so, holiday wishes cards...

I do not send Christmas cards any more.  I gave it up so many years ago, when the kids were small.  There was already too much to do at Christmas.  I have made things much more simple for Christmas now but I am still not going to start sending them again.  I am amazed that I still get some from friends and family.  

My niece used to send a lovely newsletter with her Christmas card.  I always looked forward to getting it.  One year when I received it I set it down to read later with a cuppa.  I wanted to savour the experience.  When I was ready to enjoy the experience I went looking for the letter.  All I found was a few shreds of paper.  Pictured above is Trinity, the culprit.  She loved to eat paper, including money if it was lying around!  She was an expensive dog!  Doesn't she look innocent!

I have always thought I would do something with the old cards.  I have saved a lot of them over the years but have yet to do anything with them.  Some of them are just too pretty to toss.  At least they don't take up a lot of room

I like Christmas and I like keeping it simple.  I enjoy the time with family leading up to Christmas more than the actual day.  This past weekend we set up the Christmas Village.  My granddaughter absolutely loves doing that.  She said this year's is the best set up yet!  

Comments

That is a funny story about your dog that ate the Christmas letter! I love time with the family more than anything else at this time of year, too, Angela. Setting up the Christmas village sounds fun!
I forgot all about the prompt this week. I still do send Christmas cards and still receive them. However, the number has diminished. I think people are too busy and postage has become too expensive. I've also saved some cards but don't know what to do with them! They're just too nice to throw away! I think a simple Christmas is the right idea!
Queeniepatch said…
I send more New Year's cards than Christmas cards. As I have to send most of the X-mas greetings abroad I now send them by email instead; the postage has gone up drastically.
We take a family photograph every year, edit it with a greeting phrase and send it together with an email message.
I save cards with a photo. They are nice to keep and compare year by year how people have changed, how children have grow, what new pets there are ...
I know all about dogs eating things that's for sure. Murphy, our black Lab, cost me $40 once for chewing the corners of two library books. That's just what I remember...she was always into something but so lovable. I save cards to use in my paper piecing projects.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday