I Like

LeeAnna has asked

  1. Real tree or fake tree?
  2. Star or angel?
  3. Tree up before Thanksgiving or after Thanksgiving?



I am all about the real tree!  I love the scent.  I remember when I was a child and my Mom bought a fake tree.  I was terribly disappointed and decided I would never do that.  We have had a tradition of cutting down our own trees.  Last year that tradition ended.  The tree farms in the area no longer grow pine Christmas trees and the cost has skyrocketed.  We bought our tree from the local Boy Scouts.  

We have an angel that I made from a kit for the top of our tree.  She is lacey and pretty.  Being Canadian we obviously put our tree up after our Thanksgiving.  We do put up the Christmas village in early November and it is my oldest granddaughter's favourite thing to do.

I have a nice collection of Christmas teddy bears that I like to put out.  Banksy is now old enough that I can put them within his reach.  He seems to know that they are not for him.  Although I have seen him eyeing them!

Comments

LA Paylor said…
My first lab took a puppy bite out of each ornament she could reach. I used to get a tree delivered by a guy from NC down to FL and they were so fresh ad fragrant.

they did not drop needles and I loved lying on the floor to watch the lights twinkle thru the season.
LeeAnna
The smell of a real tree is the best! I have a collection of Christmas bears, too - I should get them out.
Queeniepatch said…
We used to have a live Christmas tree in a pot. In summer it stood on the balcony but for winter we took the pot inside and decorated the tree, probably from early December. The tree died one exceptionally hot summer. Since then we have not had a tree. Now I hang the ornaments from 'washing lines' of string across the room instead.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday