Work in Progress Wednesday


 This is the cover of a book I might call Leaf Studies.  I covered a small branch with beads but I am not sure if I love the way it turned out.  I  should have decided if I wanted to add anything to it before attaching it to the cover.  At least I haven't attached the cover to the book so I can still do something with it.  

This is inside the cover.  The fabric experiment on the left works well colour-wise.  The leaf on the right is needle-felted wool.

This is the next page in the book and probably my favourite.  I love the bright colours and sparkle.

I love these leaves.  They are a paper and fabric combination.  I wish I wouldn't have put them next to each other in the book though.  Possibly I can add something to the pages to make them more interesting and not so similar.

Oh, I love all the textures I created on this page.  

I also love the texture on the page on the left.  The right page isn't so interesting now that I am looking at it next to the left.  


These leaves I created with mixed media.  I used paper, texture medium, glitter, tiny glass beads without holes and paint.  I added silk ribbon to the background which is tissue paper and cheesecloth.


This is the last page.  I started this book oh so many years ago.  I am so glad to have it so close to completion.  There really isn't a lot more to do. 



Comments

Queeniepatch said…
Every turning of the page will show you something new and lovely. You have used a great many techniques and materials.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday