I Like





LeeAnna asks


Remember the last day of the school year? Clearing out your desk in
elementary school, or your locker in high school...Remember how you felt
and what the first days of freedom were like?

Tell us if how you spent an average childhood day when school was out...
sleep late? hang out with friends more? spend more time at the pool? 
stay up later watching tv shows not allowed during the year? Visiting a
relative every summer?

I remember the last day of grade six.  We had been allowed to have a little party.  I had brought in a stereo to use.  Carrying that stereo home plus all my other stuff was difficult.  Lesson learned.  For the rest of my school career, I brought things home gradually, as they weren't needed.  I still try to think in advance and make things as easy as possible for myself.

Yes, to all the things, sleeping late, hanging out with friends, time at the public pool and staying up late.  We visited an aunt up north a few times.  I remember picking blueberries at one of the places she lived.  They were wild and delicious.  They were so plentiful she made numerous pies.  Yum.

I love the freedom that summer brings even though I am not in school anymore.  In truth, my time is my own all year long but the summer feels different.  I love the deck that my husband built and sit on it when possible.  I enjoy the sounds of the birds.  I enjoy the sounds of the wind chimes.  I just bought a set of bamboo chimes and they sound lovely.  I love soaking up a bit of sun.  Summer is so good!

Comments

Picking fresh blueberries - yum! There's nothing better! I, too, like the freedom of summer and being outside whenever you want.
LA Paylor said…
what a picture of words
summer is nice to you... enjoy all of it to the last drop this year!
blueberries... fresh and pies. I wish I could make a decent crust. How did she make the pies, do you still have a recipe, I'd love it.
sorry to be late, LeeAnna

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

I heart Macro

Slow Stitching Sunday