I Like




LeeAnna has posed the question;
do you like roadtrips in the summer? tell us about one you've taken

Road trips are okay.  We did more of them when our sons still lived here.  I always packed drinks and snacks and interesting new toys.  When they got a bit older we did a long trip to Florida.  They all had their own GameBoys at that time.  That made travel better for them.  

I remember going to the library and getting audiobooks on CD for that trip.  We completely enjoyed Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Jeky. l and Mr. Hyde.  We tried listening to A Tale of Two Cities.  You can tell Dickens was paid by the word.  I like to think of myself as a patient woman but I guess I am not when it comes to Dickens.  GET TO THE POINT!!!

There are loads of good memories from that trip.  The highlight was seeing a pod of dolphins swim past our camping spot while having morning coffee.  It was pretty cool to have a camping spot right on a beach.  The beach wasn't good for swimming though.

We also spent four days at Disney.  That was back when Disney was fun.  We had always hoped we could do a trip like that with our grandkids.  I have heard nothing good about Disney for a long time though.  We will have to figure out something else.




I love floating!  I love floating with a friend!  I brought the unicorn floaties and she brought her bubble machine.  We took a selfie together but she wasn't in the photo at all.  I guess that means we are going to have to try again.  Floating in a pool on a hot afternoon is the perfect summer activity for me.  Yep, two grown women acting like six year olds!  The best!



Comments

Floating in the pool sounds wonderful! Our road trips with the boys were like yours - games and new toys were very important. The photos I see of Disney World these days look like it is wall to wall people - not my cup of tea at all! We did enjoy it back when the boys were younger - maybe about 6 and 9.
PaintedThread said…
Floating is fun! I like that unicorn.
Queeniepatch said…
One is never too old to enjoy floating in a pool on a hot summer day!
I wish you many more dips in the pool before the end of the season.

Popular posts from this blog

I heart Macro

I heart Macro

Slow Stitching Sunday