I have felt the need to play with very bright and vibrant colours of late. This mandala I made a few years ago but it was calling to me again. I have been loading it up with stitches to add texture. I realize these brights aren't everyone's taste. Since I am making it for me, I am not about to worry about what other people like or don't like. Playing in this field of colour makes me happy! I am linking to https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/ Happy Mother's Day!
Hm, I am sure we all need beauty.
ReplyDeleteThe question is, what is beauty? Every person would have their own interpretation of what is beautiful.
The Japanese expression wabi-sabi is the beauty of something used, worn and tarnished, e.g. the verdigris found on old copper roofs. Some people can only see beauty in the new, clean and polished, while others like wonky, threadbare and stained.
Queenie