I Like
has asked
did you look forward to starting school (either elementary, junior high,
senior high or Uni ?)
did you look forward to starting school (either elementary, junior high,
senior high or Uni ?)
No. I love to learn, but I am too much of a free spirit to have ever really enjoyed school. That all had to play a part in my deciding to homeschool my kids. I am so glad they have become lifetime learners. I am not sure if that would have happened if they went to public school here.
I like that my 9-year-old granddaughter called this week Camp Gogo week. My grandchildren call me Gogo. She has gone to a few different camps this summer. I hope this is the one she likes the best. I am pretty sure it is. We have been doing loads of fun art projects.

What fun to have your granddaughter there this week! Enjoy every minute!
ReplyDeleteI am always so impressed with homeschooling. It is, as far as I am aware, not a possible option in Sweden. In Japan, you often hear of 'alternative schools' run by NOPs (non-profit organisations) that welcome students who can not conform to ordinary school life.
ReplyDeleteI am sure you are a great teacher and wish your grandchildren will be lifelong learners like their fathers.
Queenie
I think the school experience for children is different today, more harsh, more pressure. I loved going back to school, especially elementary school.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo